Monday, March 23, 2009

Paradise Lost


Postcard sent to someone

I miss them,
I want them back,
I want to go back there,
I want my paradise back.

Not here where I'm at,
Not with the drones,
Not with the honks,
Not with the buzz.

There's plenty of work,
There's plenty of anger,
There's plenty of depression,
There's little of sleep.

Give back my peace,
Give back my holiday,
Give back my life,
Give back my paradise.

My paradise, lost.

----------

Postcard received from someone

Burning tanks,
Smoking gun,
Fighting flanks,
Not fun.

Threading across the desert,
A mechanized goliath,
Built by a wizard,
With fire and death.

Machineguns ripping overhead,
Cannon shells thunder across,
Sands flying in your face,
Victory lies ahead.

I served my duty,
Where others fear,
One thing's for sure,
You don't wanna be here.

No comments: